Disciples

Sunday 18 January 2009

The Road to Perdition

Somebody told me this morning, that Israel had just declared a "Cease Fire" in the conflict against Gaza. The "Smell", that horrible smell of death, blasted through my door into my room, I couldn't sleep anymore. The "Smell", that terrible smell consumed my wildest dreams, I couldn't stand there in front of the T.V. so I came up here to think, I came up here beyond those "red clouds", that fell like mist on my home today, I came up here to where the sky is always blue.
Today in the morning someone told me, that Israel had won, that it was over. In the morning I heard the Israeli prime minister, talk from his save office, that the "Tzahal" had won their war. I then heard from up here that actually it was the "Hamas" that had won, and then I decided to go take a walk down the streets of Gaza to see the truth for myself.

So I came down from my "Sky" to walk amongst those, people in need of Gaza. From where I had heard, the word victory, I saw but loss, destruction, rubble. And form the people that where supposed to be "conquered and helpless" I heard but words of hate, and plans of revenge. Israel may of bombed Gaza back to the stone age, the truth is very different on the ground. When Israel started this war, they said one simple thing "at least they thought that they where saying one simple thing" , they said that they would fight a war, a war for peace. But sorry for you buddy that just doesn't exist. So when on 27th of December 2008, the Israeli bombs came roaring down on the "Strip", nothing had really changed on the ground, except that now more then ever Hamas position of "destroying" the state of Israel was reinforced by ache and every falling bomb. So I guess that from the first day in, Israel's war was already lost, but can we really say that Hamas won the war?

No I guess we can't, because from walking with the people of the "blood fulled" streets of Gaza, I know now that a killer wave had came and washed away everything they believed in, washed away their lives, now they stand there in the middle of the rubble, of was once there home, where once they felt save from all the invasions that life could bring, with the corpses of there loved ones around them, they now have nothing to feel , nothing to cry for, nothing to love, no want for peace, the only will they have, they only will that now keeps them living, is that will, that belief, that one day they will revenge, revenge those lifeless corpses that surround them.
No one has won, and once again this war shows us just how fragile our lives are, and just how inutile war is. Because today after a war that was supposed to protect the people of Israel, Israel is more then ever in danger, this war just showed us once again that it's time for rupture, between us the new generation, and those dying ages old politics that still keep their dying grip on us, on the people of the world.

It's like, all the values that we once believed in just died away, with those bombs that fell on Gaza and with those rockets that fell on Ashkelon, I never really believed in anything, the only thing I believed in was in the Humans, in Human progress, I believed once that actually that History really meant something, but the truth is that now I do not believe in anything any more, I do not know where to turn, I can not turn to what we called the civilized world, because well they sat there in their comfortable houses, in their peaceful land, and watched on CNN, and on BBC what was happing in a far away land, they couldn't care less if there was 100 or 1000 dead because for them it was just numbers.

We are on the road to perdition and this war, just showed me that we are already well headed down that dark road, does humanity have any real values anymore? do we love our neighbour anymore? I guess not, because we are all hostages of easiness, of that easiness that modern society has forced on us, that, that "easy" society of consummation that does treat human beings like numbers, like possibilities, possibilities of buyers, that why this world is so **** up, because we don't know who we are anymore, we don't know what we believe in anymore.

The answer to that important question is probably that the only thing we have to believe in is our selfs, this mourning I heard a man say that the people of Gaza are the hostages of the Hamas and he was right, but aren't we all hostages, hostages of this society? Aren't we all just treated like numbers?

I went back to the sky, they didn't accept me, they told me that "too many sins my people had committed", but I don't care anymore because I don't believe in the sky anymore, I don't believe that one supernatural will come and save me, from all this fire and rage, the only thing I believe in, is in "you", is in "us", the time has come they told me before leaving the sky, to go, to the sea, to go into the sea wash away your sins, give yourself up to the wave, let the wave surround you, let the wave consume you, then stay there on the wet sand of the beach, stay there instill you feel your heart pounding through out you body, pounding on your bones, stay there and then at dawn come back to the sky.

Sky
Here your International Moment of Zen

No comments:

Post a Comment